Thursday, July 11, 2013

Put the Sponge in the Dishwasher? REALLY?

Yes!  You can put sponges in the dishwasher!  Thanks, Frugal Girls, for this awesome tip!  This cuts the crap out of germs in kitchen sponges!

According to WebMD, the kitchen is the germiest room in the house.  An article in The Daily Mail declared, "The kitchen sponge is 200,000 times dirtier than a toilet seat - and could even lead to PARALYSIS"... so YES.  We should either toss those germ factories into the trash or clean them somehow.  In the past, I simply sprayed them with a bleach solution, but that tended to break down the sponge pretty quickly.  Recently, I resorted to spraying my kitchen sponges with Sol-u-mel from Melaleuca.  It's organic and is proven to kill even e coli.  

I have to say, I really like the idea of just tossing sponges in the dishwasher, though.  The combination of heat and cleaner should be GREAT to get rid of the nastiness!  I'm going to try this!

No comments:

Post a Comment