Monday, June 14, 2010

Days 3-5

So much for writing every day. Hopefully I can get back on track with that.

We went over budget on groceries this weekend. However, most of that “overflow” was due to extra things we need at the moment: better bathroom storage, chlorine for the pool, laundry detergent & fabric softener. However, I am pleased to say that I only spent $30 @ Sprouts! I got a pretty large variety of fresh fruit, some dry goods (rice & beans), and ingredients to make salads for the week. Overall, I think I did pretty well. If we can stick closer to our budget, then I think we’ll be doing fine.

As an aside, we had pizza and Taco Bell this weekend, too. So much for cutting the crap there. I am doing my best to eat better today, though. AND I’ve decided that I will eat breakfast at work to leave more breakfast goodies for my family to eat. It isn’t the most healthy choice since my employer provides bagels and cream cheese every morning except Tuesday. BUT hopefully it will make the cereal/eggs/poptarts last a little longer if I’m not eating them.

Do I sound pathetic yet? I’m beginning to think I can’t commit to and/ or stick to anything.

3 comments:

  1. Saying you are going to post every day is a thing a lot of starting bloggers do, and something that probably 99.9% of them don't actually accomplish. Something comes up and you don't post. Don't beat yourself up over it.

    Pop tarts aren't good for you.

    I'd love to know what all you got for just $30!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. I won't beat myself up. LOL Here's my list of goodies from Sprouts:
    6 gala apples
    6 nectarines
    6 mangos
    6 peaches
    2 cucumbers
    2 heads of romaine lettuce
    3 pounds of long grain brown rice
    2.5 pounds pinto beans
    1 pound of yogurt covered raisins
    2 clam shells of raspberries
    1 bag of carrots
    1 bunch of celery

    I know I'm missing something... but that's most of it. :)

    ReplyDelete