Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Butter or Margarine? Experts Reveal What's in Their Grocery Cart

Butter or Margarine? Experts Reveal What's in Their Grocery Cart

This was an eye-opening article. I was especially intrigued by the frozen veggies vs. fresh veggies bit. Good to know!  I prefer olive oil as opposed to canola oil, and we already drink 1% milk.  Milk... I'd love to go organic but it's literally twice as expensive.  As for the butter, did anyone read that viral email a few years ago that stated margarine is literally 1 MOLECULE away from being plastic?  It made me never want to eat margarine again.  Besides, butter tastes better. 

I'm getting groceries again today for the first time in about 3 weeks.  We wanted to eat as much from the cupboards to get rid of the bad stuff we don't need.  Now we can replace these items with more healthy choices.  I have a feeling our grocery bill will be quite expensive this week...
   
So am I cutting the crap or making my life more simple by making better food choices?  One could argue that if I simply didn't care so much about all of this that I'd reduce my stress and thus become happier.  What could be more simple and unencumbered then that?   

No comments:

Post a Comment