Monday, February 28, 2011

Helping Others Cut the Crap

Hello, All.  As I chronicled a few weeks ago, my MIL passed away.  Within the next few weeks, we're going to help my SIL go through things and sell what we (meaning Rob and his sister) either cannot keep or choose not to keep.  Rob and I have expressed that we do not "want" anything.  We do, however, want to help my SIL.  No one should have to rummage through all the stuff of a deceased parent alone.  I think that's brutal and tantamount to cruel and unusual punishment. 

For a short time, then, we'll actually be complicating our journey to simplicity.  We'll be selling stuff out of our garage to help out, which means that we'll temporarily have more clutter.  I'm totally okay with that.  I think this will be a positive journey, and I don't think it'll wreck our equilibrium.  I might even post some of it here.  :) 

So, even though we're technically adding to our garage, we're still "cutting the crap" by helping my SIL.  I think helping others in this way is a good thing!  In what ways have you helped other people get rid of things they did not need?  And how much of that did you "inherit" along the way?  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment