Wednesday, May 11, 2011

First Person: Living a Six-Figure Lifestyle on a $30,000 Salary - Yahoo! Finance

First Person: Living a Six-Figure Lifestyle on a $30,000 Salary - Yahoo! Finance

I thought this was a great article to show that IT CAN BE DONE. You don't have to spend a fortune to live well. Like the author, Rob and I bought a short-sale home in a FANTASTIC neighborhood that we could not have afforded otherwise. Like the author, Rob and I now only buy used cars, and if we can, we pay cash for them. I think thrift stores are a great idea. My favorite winter coat was a thrift store find, and I got it for only $15. I had it dry cleaned, and it's perfect! When I was preggers, I couldn't see spending hundreds of $$ on a wardrobe I wouldn't continue to wear after the baby got here. So I went to the thrift store yet again and got some fantastic clothes for very little.

Comment here and let me know how you all CUT THE CRAP by buying used... share ideas, great places to get clothes, smart negotiating tips for buying used cars... ANYTHING!

1 comment:

  1. One thing I failed to mention is that this author fails to mention whether or not he/she has children. LOL That DOES change the game, does it not?

    ReplyDelete