Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Domestic Production is Making a Comeback! Cut out the imported Crap!

According to Entrepreneur Magazine, domestic production is making a comeback!  This is great news for families here in the US. 

I haven't always been one to check labels to see where things are made, mostly because I shop at places like Walmart.  Don't hate me.  My family is on a budget, and I'm doing the best I can.  Lately, however, I've been a little more conscious of what I'm putting in my grocery basket.  Why?  Because I'm learning that cheaper isn't better.  It's usually just cheap. 

Before the holidays, I started shopping online with Melaleuca.  They have concentrated cleaners/detergents/etc that are not only better for the environment, they're better for my house.  They have more natural ingredients than many cleaners out there, and they don't cost an arm and a leg.  In fact, I'm getting better quality stuff for about what I pay at Walmart. 

Why do I bring this up, you ask?  Because these products are American made!  The only thing imported is the Melalueca (tea tree) oils.  These come from New Zealand and Melaleuca (a US company) owns the farms there.  So, the bottom line stays here in The States!  Good stuff! 

All of this is to tell you to start looking at labels.  One of the BEST ways to boost our economy and help reduce the crazy debt our country is in (Fiscal Cliff, Anyone?) is to buy domestic to increase our GNP (Gross National Product... I think).  You CAN get quality goods made right here in the US!

No comments:

Post a Comment