Thursday, January 10, 2013

A few things you should know about me



Okay, Everyone, here are a few things I think you need to know about me.  I don’t fit neatly into any little box, politically speaking or otherwise, and I’d wager that many of you blur the lines as well.  Let’s look at our fellow world citizens as HUMAN BEINGS and stop labeling people. 

I am a Christ Follower, but I believe in religious freedom.  I’m not a bigot, and I’m not going to beat you over the head with my faith.  I love you – no matter who or what you are – because I’m trying to follow Jesus’ example.  

In my faith, Jesus is perfect.  I am not, nor do I pretend to be, so cut me some slack when I blow it. 
 
And you know what?  I’m not going to apologize for my faith, just as you shouldn’t apologize for what you believe.  “Faith”, in and of itself, is NOT offensive.    
   
I support the 2nd Amendment, but I believe that any citizen who owns a firearm should prove he is properly trained to use one… OH and that he’s not a freaking psycho.  I believe that violent crimes can be and are committed by any means necessary (baseball bats, automobiles, bare hands, etc.)  by the idiots that perpetrate them… not just people who possess (legally or illegally) firearms.  Getting rid of firearms is not the answer.  It’s merely treating a symptom of a MUCH larger problem.  

I believe that abortion solely as a means of birth control is wrong, but I fully support the use of birth control and all the education that should go along with that.  Numbers show that the more access women have to birth control, the less likely they are to get an abortion.  Ladies, educate yourselves and your daughters! If you’ve had an abortion or you support abortion, I love you.  I don’t hate you, and I’m not going to tell you what to do with your body… just like you shouldn’t be telling people like Michelle Duggar what she should be doing with hers. 
 
I believe we should take care of our planet.  It is a gift and should be treated as such.  

I believe LOVE should make the world go ‘round, not money.  Unfortunately, the latter is true.  We should love our fellow humans despite this, though, because Corporations are not going to.

I firmly believe we should give people a hand up, not a hand out, when they need it.  Give a man a fish, and you’ll feed him for a day.  Teach him to fish, and you’ll feed him for a lifetime.  I think education is the number one way to accomplish this.  

I think if you have the means, you should give something back to your fellow man.  If we all did this, no one would be screaming about the “2%”, because we’d all be taking care of each other.  HUH.  What a novel idea!

Life is too short to hold a grudge.  Let it go.

If someone disagrees with me, so be it.  I welcome healthy, civil debate.  Our thoughts and ideas help shape who we are, and if we can’t see past our own views, then we might be missing out on something great.  I’m not saying you should compromise your beliefs.  I’m saying present them with intelligence, and then respectfully consider another person’s view before dismissing it.  While you’re doing this, don’t be afraid to admit you might be wrong.  Just sayin’… 

I’m still learning.  We all are.  If I stumble a bit on my quest for knowledge, please help me up.  I’ll do the same for you.  

Okay.  So there they are, those few things about me.  I’m not going to apologize for anything, but I do welcome your thoughts.  Bring it on!


2 comments:

  1. Good one A!!! Love Aunt Connie cause my choices of profile didn't fit or I didn't know which one to choose.:}

    ReplyDelete