Monday, December 6, 2010

How do we teach our kiddos to ask for less?

This is cool site for kids... comics-rrr | greenplanet4kids.com I really need to impress upon my almost-six-year-old to get rid of her crap and NOT ask for any more. Maybe I can start here? This year's Christmas season has prompted many conversations about just how good she has it... and she's still not getting it because she keeps asking for MORE.  I've told her I'm going to help her go through her toys for donation purposes, and she seems pretty open to that.  She's pretty keen on selling things, too, to earn money so she can purchase other things.  So here's my question to you parents... how do we get our kids to ask for less?  How do we encourage them to be happy with all the wonderful things God has already given them?  How do we teach them to be good stewards?

I think in 2011 I'm going to give her "experiences" rather than "stuff". This will be yet another ongoing thing for me to chronicle here. I know. I know. I haven't been too good about chronicling all that other stuff I told you about. Hahaha! I'll get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment