Friday, February 11, 2011

First Person: 5 Things I Always Buy Used - Yahoo! Finance

I think these are pretty obvious things to buy used, but they bring up a good point about cutting the crap. RECYCLE. Get rid of the stuff you no longer use by donating it for someone else to use! First Person: 5 Things I Always Buy Used - Yahoo! Finance

Clothes are a perfect example. My brother has two girls who are 1 and 2 years older than my daughter. When they outgrow their clothes, my daughter gets the hand-me-downs. Megan also got a HUGE box of hand-me-downs from her cousin Katie when she was really little. I can't tell you how much $$$ this has saved us over the years. When my daughter outgrows these things, she passes them on to a friend's daughter... and so on and so on. We pay it forward.  It's the best way to say thank-you to those who have been kind to us.  Obviously, clothes can only take so much beating before they're ready for the scrap heap, but at least they get used up. :) I recently received A LOT of hand-me-downs from a colleague at work, too. She has lost weight (YAY and good for her!) and the clothes no longer fit her. I got some AWESOME clothes. Can't wait to wear them all!

I also think it's a good idea to buy GOOD used cars. A new car depreciates so much in value when you drive it off the lot that it's like throwing money away.

Again. RECYCLE. What do you buy used? What do you donate? How do you recycle? Talk to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment