Thursday, June 23, 2011

Heiress Patricia Kluge files for bankruptcy

Heiress Patricia Kluge files for bankruptcy | The Upshot Yahoo! News

I guess even the rich can have it tough. However, I cannot fathom how someone with so much money and such an extravagant lifestyle can file for bankruptcy... or even need to...

My family and I live on a budget, yes, but we are pretty comfortable for the most part. We have everything we need. 12 years ago, though, it was a different story. We definitely lived beyond our means and paid the price for it. Big time.

This woman and her husband had it all, and apparently they were frivolous, too. I don't know all the details. Maybe they made some bad investments, and the article did cite the downturn in the economy as being a factor. That downturn has affected everyone. I just can't help thinking that if they'd cut some of the unnecessary luxurious crap out of their lifestyle they may have avoided bankruptcy. It's the difference between choosing to downgrade and being forced to. Just sayin'.

I wonder if they've learned their lesson, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment