Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Cutting the Crap: Independence Day

So how did you cut the crap for Independence Day this year?

Here's what I didn't do:
  • I didn't drive more than a mile from my house.
  • I didn't plan a huge BBQ.
  • I didn't purchase any fireworks.

Here's what I DID do:
  • I spent most of the weekend in our pool.
  • I watched Independence Day with the family.
  • I had dinner/good times with our awesome neighbors.
  • I drove to the top of a hill near my home to see fireworks in all of Denver Metro.  

So all of this means I didn't spend loads of money or sacrifice my sanity by joining the 4th of July hordes in all the usual places.  My weekend soooo did NOT suck because of this.

There it is, Folks.  Simplicity.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome.

    I drove home from out of town and tended to my ailing cat on my couch, ordered a pizza, and caught up on internet and DVR. Hibernated.

    I think I'm getting the hang of cutting the crap!

    ReplyDelete