Thursday, July 7, 2011

First Person: The 6 Surprising Money Savers Hiding in My Home - Yahoo! Finance

First Person: The 6 Surprising Money Savers Hiding in My Home - Yahoo! Finance

Wow! I hadn't heard of any of these ideas before, so I'm going to try them... especially the mesh bag thing so I can scrub my pots. :) Here they are for those of you who don't want to click on the link:

  1. Use mesh bags onions and potatoes come in to scrub pots and pans.
  2. Use cheap coffee filters in place of paper towels to clean things like windows and mirrors.
  3. Use baking soda splashed with vinegar to clean toilets, showers, etc.
  4. Pour about half a cup of baking soda into a small dish, add 12 drops of essential oil to get rid of odors.
  5. Use an unused toothbrush to brush the cornsilk out of corn cobs.
  6. Use a cheap shower curtain liner under picnic blankets to keep things dry during summer events like concerts in the park.
Do you have any cost cutting ideas?  Share them!

No comments:

Post a Comment