Monday, September 12, 2011

Recycle Your Old Electronics!

dont-bury-electronic-trash-kiplinger: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

Here's something that makes sense. Recycle your electronics. This article provides a few links to help you out with that, and it gives you some ideas. I never knew that Best Buy accepted old electronics. That's GOOD. I bet if I do some digging, more places accept used electronics. I know that ATT will let you trade in your old phone. I got $50 trade in value for my old crackberry. That phone was refurbished and sent overseas. That's way better than letting my children destroy a perfectly working phone. Someone else gets to use it.

I have a whole box of out-of-date electronic stuff in the basement: old routers, computer parts, a zip drive... and old cell phones among many other things. I bet we all have those. Next month our Women In Leadership group is organizing a cell phone drop to help benefit safe houses/women's shelters in the Denver Metro area. When you donate your old phones, they are cleaned up and given to women in these shelters. That way, a woman can always have a means to dial 911. Kinda cool, dontcha think?

So, here's your cut-the-crap challenge for the week: get rid of some electronics that are taking up space! Perhaps someone else can use them!

No comments:

Post a Comment