Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sharing mommy's bed won't harm kid's social skills

Oh gee. Thanks for giving me permission to do what I think works for me and my family.

Sharing mom's bed won't harm kids' social skills

Is anyone else annoyed by all these "experts" whose opinions fly in the face of what we think works for our own families? Bed sharing, for instance, has been frowned upon for the better part of the last decade (and dare I say it, LONGER than that?) and suddenly it's now okay. So many of us depend only on what experts say rather than think for ourselves. I say we need to cut that crap out and take everything with a grain of salt. Obviously, it is wise to listen to the counsel of other wise folks. However, it is better to think through that counsel and make up our own minds. Agreed?

Email Update #2
Today I deleted 492 emails from two folders. I'm getting closer, Folks!

4 comments:

  1. and just think about how much money and time those researchers spent to tell us this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I think cutting these federally funded studies just might get us closer to balancing the budget!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read 'The Family Bed' when my now 34 y/o son was two weeks old. Doesn't this sound wonderful?!? I gushed to my husband. NO! he replied.

    Four kids and several years later he looked at me across the sea of bodies in our bed and said "I can't believe I ever thought I had a choice." lol

    Just found your blog and I am really enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome! My hubby ends up on the couch some nights. Sad, but true.

    ReplyDelete